Community Development Fund
Do you have a new idea to promote Japanese culture or an innovative program you feel the Ottawa Japanese community could support? The Ottawa Japanese Community Development Fund has been supporting such new initiatives since 2005.
- To revive and advance our community by encouraging new initiatives of either a social or cultural nature
- To encourage members of younger generations to participate more in community
What kind of Projects can be supported?
- Promote Japanese or Japanese-Canadian culture and art within the Ottawa area
- Address social development issues within the Ottawa Japanese-Canadian community
- Promote public education about the Japanese-Canadian Community
- Research issues of concern to the Japanese-Canadian community
Who Can Apply?
- Not-for-profit or community-based organizations based in Canada
- Private enterprises (non-profit making)
When can proposals be submitted?
- April 1st – June 1st
When can projects begin?
- September 1st – August 31st (OJCA/OJCC fiscal year)
Note: As long as a project starts within this period, it is eligible for funding
How much funding is available?
- Up to $1,000
Note: The budget of OJCA/OJCC for the Community Development Fund is set at a maximum of $1,000 per fiscal year. Thus, the number of fund recipients and amounts will be determined by Community Development Fund Selection Committee within this budget.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org